BPH Treatment in North Miami, FL
Rezūm is a minimally invasive alternative to BPH medications that relieves symptoms safely and effectively in an office or outpatient setting, with minimal side effects. The procedure is done during one visit, patients return to activities within a few days.
What are the benefits of Rezūm?
Rezūm provides the following benefits:
- Potential alternative to BPH medications
- Relieves symptoms safely and effectively
- Provides noticeable symptom improvement within two weeks
- Simple in-office/out-patient therapy
- Does not require general anesthesia
- Preserves sexual and urinary functions
- Allows patients to return to regular activities within a few days
How does Rezūm work to treat BPH?
Rezūm uses the natural energy stored in water vapor, or steam, to treat the extra prostate tissue that is causing the BPH symptoms. The water vapor is delivered into the targeted prostate tissue and when the vapor contacts the tissue it turns back into water, releasing all the stored energy, causing the prostate cells to die.
Over time, the body’s natural healing response removes the dead cells, shrinking the prostate. With the extra tissue removed, the urethra opens, reducing BPH symptoms. Most patients begin to experience symptom relief in as soon as two weeks and maximum benefit will occur within three months.
To learn more, visit www.rezum.com or contact Dr. Richard Levin at (305) 932-4444.