BPH Treatment in North Miami FL
If you would like more information about BPH symptoms or treatment and are in the Miami, Florida area, contact Dr. Richard Levin at (305) 932-4444.
What is BPH?
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, or BPH, is a condition in which the prostate enlarges as men get older. BPH is a very common condition that affects over 40 million Americans and over 500 million aging men worldwide. Over 40% of men in their 50s and over 70% of men in their 60s have BPH1. While BPH is a benign condition and unrelated to prostate cancer, it can greatly affect a man’s quality of life.
As the prostate enlarges, it presses on and blocks the urethra, causing bothersome urinary symptoms such as:
- Frequent need to urinate both day and night
- Weak or slow urinary stream
- A sense that you cannot completely empty your bladder
- Difficulty or delay in starting urination
- Urgent feeling of needing to urinate
- A urinary stream that stops and starts
If you suffer from the above symptoms, you are not alone. BPH is the leading reason men visit a urologist.2
You can measure the severity of your BPH symptoms by taking the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS) questionnaire.
- Berry, et al., Journal of Urology 1984
- IMS Health NDTI Urology Specialty Profile Report 2013
© 2018 NeoTract, Inc. All Rights Reserved. MAC00892-01 Rev A