Rezūm in Aventura, FL
Rezūm™ Water Vapor Therapy
Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy treats the source of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) – your enlarged prostate. This short, in-office procedure uses the natural energy stored in a few drops of water to shrink the prostate. So urine can flow freely. There are no incisions, no general anesthesia, and most patients return to regular activities within a few days.* And, it preserves sexual function.1,2
Rezūm Therapy is typically performed during one visit at your urologist’s office, or at an outpatient surgery facility. Sterile water vapor, or steam, is released throughout the targeted prostate tissue in 9-second intervals. Over time, your body’s natural healing response absorbs the treated tissue, shrinking the prostate. With the extra tissue removed, the urethra opens, reducing BPH symptoms. Most patients begin to experience symptom relief in as soon as two weeks, and maximum benefit may occur within three months.*1,2
Learn more about the benefits and potential risks of this therapy by visiting Rezum.com.
*Dependent on individual clinical situation and healing response.
How It Works
Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy is a non-surgical treatment that uses the natural energy stored in water vapor, or steam, to remove excess prostate tissue that is pressing on the urethra.1
Hear from Other Patients
Hear firsthand from men like you, whose lives were interrupted by BPH until Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy gave them lasting relief. Read their stories.
Do you have BPH?
Take our BPH quiz to gain insight into the severity of your symptoms. Take the quiz.
An enlarged prostate, or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), may be a fact of life, but not one you need to live with. Start exploring topics and articles that will help you understand BPH, your options for treatment and about Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy. Learn more.
Download the Patient Brochure: English version, Spanish version
Potential risks associated with Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy include but are not limited to painful or frequent urination, blood in the urine or semen, decrease in ejaculatory volume, urinary tract infection (UTI), inability to urinate or completely empty the bladder, urgent need to urinate, and need for short-term catheterization. You should talk with your doctor about benefits and risks before moving forward with any treatment option.
1. McVary KT, Rogers T, Roehrborn CG. Rezūm water vapor thermal therapy for lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia: 4-year results from randomized controlled study. Urology. 2019 Apr;126:171-9.
2. McVary KT, Gange SN, Gittelman MC, et al. Minimally invasive prostate convective water vapor energy ablation: A multicenter, randomized, controlled study for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol. 2016 May;195(5):1529-38.
Rezum.com is a website sponsored by Boston Scientific.
Caution: U.S. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
All images are the property of Boston Scientific. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2021 Boston Scientific Corporation. All rights reserved. URO-1003002-AA ARR 2021
What are the benefits of Rezūm?
Rezūm provides the following benefits:
- Potential alternative to BPH medications
- Relieves symptoms safely and effectively
- Provides noticeable symptom improvement within two weeks
- Simple in-office/out-patient therapy
- Does not require general anesthesia
- Preserves sexual and urinary functions
- Allows patients to return to regular activities within a few days